Using our property lettings service means we will relieve you of many of the stresses of letting your student property. We do this by:
• Visiting your property to conduct a free market appraisal.
• Marketing your property by advertising on Rightmove & Flats4students website, plus our connections with Bristol University & UWE
• Erect a ‘To Let’ Board (not compulsory)
• Arranging and/or conducting all viewings.
• Arrange completion of tenant Application forms and Parental Guarantor forms
• Check identity documents to ensure tenants comply with “Right to Rent” legislation
• Arrange all tenants to sign a Tenancy Agreement
• Collect deposits (which are transferred to you for placing with a deposit protection scheme and returning at the end of the tenancy)
• Collection of first months/quarter rent payment
• Set up standing order mandate for future rent payments
Our Letting Only Service is charged at 45% of one month’s rent (no VAT)
We can also organize the below services if required
• Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) – this is a legal requirement for all properties which are marketed to rent and it is valid for 10 years.
• Organise an inventory & schedule of condition reports – to record the condition of the property at the start of the tenancy and to use as bench mark when to check the property when the tenancy agreement comes to an end.
• Organize gas safety and/or electrical safety certificates).
Our fully managed service will also incorporate the following
• Providing an Inventory & Schedule of Condition which is agreed and signed by the tenants
• Gas & Electric meter readings
• Collection of a deposit and registration with the MyDeposits deposit protection scheme
• Regular inspections through the year
• Manage maintenance throughout the year
• Ensure compliance certificates are up to date, including:
– Fire Alarms
– Gas Safety Certificates
– PAT tests
– Energy Performance Certificates
– Legionella Risk Assessments
• Arrange HMO licensing (if relevant) and ensure the property meets all associated requirements
• Deal with all communication from tenants
• Carry out an end of tenancy inspection and arrange return of tenants’ deposits (less any deductions for cleaning/damages)
• Arrange cleaning at the end of the tenancy if required
Our Management Service is charged at 12% of the monthly rental plus a Set-Up Fee of £150 (no VAT)